Saturday, February 9, 2008

One Post Blog

I have elevated myself above the teeming masses of literally a million blogs by making a second post! No longer need I fear polluting the internet with a one post blog! No longer will future generations hoping to gain insight to my life have to seive and re-seive through one entry! No longer will you all refresh my blog in vain! (I have had three unique visitors so far, so am justified to say "all")

Most good blogs have a theme, a direction to their posts. I haven't thought things through very well though, so I'm just going to post at random and hope it ends up interesting anyway.

April 30th is my last day at PokerStars - the EPT season ends in the middle of that month in Monte Carlo, and it'd be very hard for whoever takes over my job to take over from me mid-season. This has the enormously unfortunate side effect of me having to spend a week in Monte Carlo, and probably a few days in Warsaw in mid March. It's a hard life, it really is.

I was planning to explain what I'm going to be doing over the next few months - I have a plan, honestly - but I got distracted by Monte Carlo.

Have you ever paid €26 for a cheeseburger? €20 for a bottle of beer? Had to persuade the doorman that you are sufficiently well dressed for the nightclub whilst wearing your best (ok, only) suit? Welcome to Monte Carlo. At the Dusk Til Dawn closing party - think ropey pole dancers and a drunken Bill Chen without a shirt on - I managed to order a €180 round.
Me to boss: "Er... Do you reckon I can expense this?"
Boss (slurring): "Of course! More champagne!"

Receipt goes into suit. Suit goes into wardrobe. Nine months later, office christmas party, suit leaves wardrobe. Fish out receipt, thinking it'd be nice to have an unexpected extra €180 next month. Receipt faded entirely to white, just a blank piece of paper. goddamnit

No comments: